Nuit Boréale at the Esplanade des Invalides
June 21st, 2016
To all music industry professionals,
On the upcoming June 21st, in order to celebrate the French Music Day (Fête de la musique), the fifth edition of “Nuit Boréale” will be held on the Esplanade des Invalides. The purpose of this initiative is to gather the French audience and our Canadian artists providing them with an exceptional showcase in the heart of Paris.
In this way, a concert performed by three French-speaking and two English-speaking artists will be presented during the evening of June 21st, on the Esplanade des Invalides.
This colorful event attracts between 15,000 and 20,000 spectators yearly and will be broadcasted live on the internet gathering together thousands of people. Thanks to this event held during the “Fête de la musique”, the chosen artists will benefit from wide media coverage all around France.
Sound Diplomacy will coordinate the selection of English-singing artists for this event.
The deadline for the submission of applications will be on Tuesday, February 16th.
- The artist must be Canadian ;
- Except otherwise, the artist must have released an album within the last 18 months before the event ;
- The artist must have a contract to develop its activity in France and be linked with at least one professional organisation renowned on the European market ;
- Ideally, the artist has an album already being distributed in France or planned to be distributed in France soon ;
- A press release of the artist on the French territory must be submitted ;
- The registration form enclosed must be submitted with the application ;
- The artist must be accompanied by an agent for the duration of the event.
The anglophone artists to be chosen may benefit from the financial support of FACTOR and other provincial programs, if eligible.
Please submit your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your press release and the registration form.